Wednesday, November 22, 2006

One Luck in 六福 (Six Luck) Theme Park

On Sunday I went to 六福 (Liù Fú) Theme Park with the others for the trip organised by NTUFSA (Foreign Students Association). Despite the fact I've got three midterm exams and paper review this week, I've decided to go and it definitelly worth it. The park is divided into four parts and there is enough places to go and have fun (moreover, to be a bit freak out as well).

It just happened that we made one group at the beginning and sticked together all day long. And I feel lucky to met there Sawa and her 3 years old kid Koki. I'm sure you know these small kids, who aren't shy at all, they're are full of energy and joy and whole world is for them something completely new full of questions and places to discover. Just to observe them make you ask yourself question where is their energy and happiness coming from...


I tried to talk to him during the day and took care of him after the lunch, he looked so bored just to sit with us and listen to our talking. There were only one problem... though small one. I forget to mentioned that Koki is speaking Japanese and Chinese, but he know just some phrases from English. And what about my Chinese? Sorry... It's a pity I still can't use yet even something really elementary (like short sentences for taking care of a kid can be, such as Where do you wanna go? Don't do that! Listen to your mom! Stop it! Watch your step! ... you can imagine :-) ). I kept speaking English and hoping he can get my meaning by the tone of voice and body language... it worked, after all.

Sawa apologized to me because she though Koki was bothering me after the lunch, but I didn't feel it in that way. It was really nice to be with them, even though I felt really responsible for Koki when we were alone.

Perhaps I did some cultural mistakes (again, ...) when I played with him on public, laughing, pretending to chase him and having fun. I hope it wasn't so bad this time. Anyway, many Chinese people were looking at me (most likely thinking how come Caucasian guy is together with Asian kid) and I though some girls were even more curious about me when he was around :-)

There is a saying "All people are the same" and this is true especially talking about children...

In case you will have chance to visit 六福 Village Park -- best spot to have a fast ride is "Condor nest" in Wild West. I can't estimate the speed of the cabin, but the acceleration is pretty awesome. No need to be afraid that the park is only about 'dangerous', unpleasant stuff, there is a plenty of others which are actually good to calm you down :-) For instance good candidate, "Flying carpet"...

^.^ k.

Soundtrack: Lou Reed - Perfect Day

No comments: