Friday, November 17, 2006

A Word

Convenient. A word which you can hear around here again and again, and I'm still wondering why. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against that term, I'm just surprised by high frequency of using. When I first spoke with few people here, I though it was just some personal thing -- after some time I've found out this is really favorite word here.

I'm so surprised because I can't recall any conversation with native speaker where convenient came up as well as I don't remember some movies where was anyone using this word. Perhaps my poor, leaking memory. For me, there is only one reference, a music band which I like called The Kings of Convenience. The catch is, they're
Norwegians ;-) Among others, I'm not the only one foreigner who noticed that...


Sorry for not-so-exact picture, I couldn't find any convenient in written form so I just took a picture of its variation :-)

^.^ k.


Soundtrack: The Kings of Convenience - Riot on an Empty Street

No comments: