Sunday, December 03, 2006

...and we talked.

Three or four weeks ago I've been writing about my experience concerning talking with my Chinese friends. Few days afterwards I went out with 韶憶 (Sháo Yì). She read my post before and I already told her not to be worried at all. I think, it helped a bit :-) She's friend and former classmate of 儒鴻 (Rú Hóng), one guy from our lab. When he told her I joined the lab this semester, she wanted to speak English with me. She asked 儒鴻 for my MSN after and told him something which I found out quite a funny -- she's asking for my MSN, but she don't want to nothing but talk :) Well, in many cases if one is asking for someones MSN, what else besides talking it can means? I know why she did that, her purpose was to make sure that everything's clear. Actually, from European point of view it should be like a girl's trying to challenge you though (Hey you, only talking, you have no chance, do you understand?) :-)

And we talked the other day and it was good. We kept talking and talking about many things including Taiwan, Chinese, our impressions from Finland, life, and stuff like that... She can speak fluently and even though she's got some small doubts still, we have no troubles with understanding each other. I knew before she's writing her
blog, but I didn't expect I'm going to read her post about our talking. Surprisingly, bilingual post. It is nice to know the thoughts and opinion of the others, thanks 韶憶 ;-)

Should I say something more? Read her post if you like to. Just I can add that I don't feel fearless, traveling and living in different country doesn't require anything special (and one can say, it can be actually easier then living in your country). She told me about her dreams and visions for the future and I have to say she knows pretty well where is she heading. And I'm sure she can make it.

Does it saying something to you others? Sure, you can see that talking and sharing thoughts it isn't so difficult after all as it may seems.

^.^ k.

3 comments:

WINDFISH said...

Ha~ So happy to see my Chinese Name here! But I'm not trying to challenge you XD.
How about next talking? :P

k. said...

風魚, what about to see your nickname in Chinese? ;-) I know you're not. This week I should have more time, I'll drop you a line~

Milan Barot said...

she's asking for my MSN, but she don't want to nothing but talk :)

I have to agree with you, Taiwanesse have maybe little different point of view on it. At the start of our students exchange here in Taipei, this different meaning makes some faux pas. What think about if the girl is sending you many hearts, lot of smiles, inviting you for the dinner........from European point is challanging about your heart, in fact she want only practice English :)