Monday, October 16, 2006

Trip to Hualien

One week ago I've been in Hualien (East coast) with Hung-Hsin and his friends. Actually, I was very surprise and glad when he invited me for the trip. His friends apparently wanted to meet and get to know some foreigner, I guess. It was great to spent three days with Chinese people and saw at least the part of East coast here. And everyone were saying that Hualien is a beautiful place. It is :-)


I'm going to write about something different though. Since I was the only foreigner, I had a nice chance to discover more about people here and their relationship. Even though I can't understand Chinese yet, I think I already got some particular observation. For instance, they seems to be without any troubles and playful -- smiling, making jokes and laughing all time (perhaps just my point of view, influenced by cultural difference). Especially girl really like to talk and talk. More surprisingly, I've got impression that actually girls ruled the whole group, guys were much quite and usually following the rest. OK, I forgot to mention there were much more girls then guys :) Anyway, I'm not sure if it was the reason.

There is much less foreigners in Hualien and a lot of local were looking at me. I'm afraid, I almost made one little guy to cry. I felt weird, didn't know what to do and speaking English to him won't probably do anything better so I just turned back :)

This few days with nice people, listening to Chinese, visiting a lot of places (including Taroko National Park), swimming in the mountain stream, admiring the sunrise on the beach, and enjoying perfect food (of course) was really nice. Thanks to you all...

k.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello I'am Claire .
I'm glad you like this trip, me too . ^_^
Hualien !!!!!what a beatiful place,I almost want to give up my job and stay in there.haha
anyway enjoy your everyday in Taiwan.

Anonymous said...

hello I'am crazy driver safin~.~
I'am very glad of travelling Hualien wtih you and enjoying its beauty. Although we didn't often chat with each other, I still had a lot fun during the trip.
Enjoy your life in Taiwan.

Anonymous said...

Ahoj !! it's elley, the one who sat beside you and felt dizzy on the mountain roads, haha!
i think you're right at that first, "girls like to talk" (and it never endsXD}, and secondly "girls rule the group."(cos' we've just got too many crazy ones)
it was also the first time for me to hang out with them, just like you did; somehow it felt pretty great uhh!?
by the way, thank you for teaching me this word "Ahoj", i like it much and recently use it often! :)

Anonymous said...

hi,i am a water girl.
i think i left some masseage,even if something wrong.haha~
i hope you like to trip with us.